net send issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Having problem getting net send to work.

Went on school computers, got on a guest account, wrote up a command.com bat file and started up command promp.

Basically just typed in:

net send * "OWNED!"

afterwards, a message confirmed that it was sent to the domain, but then no pop ups came up on any of the computer!

Is it because net send is disabled? If so, is there any way I can enable it?

Btw, I'm pretty sure I won't get caught messing with the computers, so don't worry about that, I just want to know how to make it work!

Thanks

you know its not that hard to trace it back to the computer you where on in the netsend message it says the name of the comp it was sent from. anyways thats besides the point if these are xp machines it will not work unless the messenger service is enabled on both the sending and recieving machine you will need to go to start > right click my computer > manage > services and applications > services > make sure messenger service is set to automatic on all machines i think it is disables in all OS's after 98 but im most likley wrong on that but i guarantee that it doesnt work by default on xp machines.

yah I know it can be traced, but even if they trace it to the computer I'm on, they would never know it is me. The computer uses a guest account, everyone goes to the computer room, I can walk in and walk out anytime. Everyone has lunch there, it'll be fun :/ Plus its a small school, we don't even have a net admin, our netmins are like miles away checking if people are on myspace....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom