.NET Framework 3.5 problem. No clue what to do next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
I've had this problem since I've installed Vista on my box. Through Windows Update I've never been able to install the service pack for .NET Framework 3.5. I tried several times and I get Windows Update telling me it's unable to install it.

I had .Net 3.5 installed without SP1, however when I try and launch Game for Windows Live, I get a error message that reads, "Microsoft .NET Framework is required. Install now?". I had no idea what was going on, so I decided to run a .NET Clean Up Tool, which I found on someones blog on MSDN I believe. When I got onto the .NET website, I noticed 4.0 was available. I installed it then restarted my computer. I turn it back on, refresh Windows Update, and it's still prompting me to install the 3.5 SP1. Games for Windows Live also prompted me to install the .NET framework.

I then proceeded to uninstall 4.0 thinking since it hasn't rolled out on Windows Update and Game for Windows didn't recognize it, maybe it's not recognized by either of the programs yet. After I have no .NET framework installed on my computer, I proceeded to install 3.5 off of the website, then the SP1, both manually, not through Windows Update. After I install 3.5, the SP1 still refuses to install successfully.

I've started from square one with no .NET framework installed and I still can't get SP1 to install.

I apologize for my ignorance on the matter haha.

EDIT: I should add when I try installing SP1 for 3.5 manually, Setup.exe stops working and closes. I'm running Vista 32-bit SP1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom