Nero Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj33189

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i dont know if im posting in the right place, please tell me so and direct me where to post. The problem is I have nero 6 and i want to burn a movie that is 700 MB onto regular cds using the video cd format. Now when you take a 700 MB file and ask it to be encoded into video cd, itll become a Hug 750-800 MB file ( bigger in S-VCD format) so i wanted it to go on two cds and instead of just one as im using regular 700 MB cds. so i assumed, Nero being the awesome software it is, itll automatically put it on two discs, the thing is it didnt.. so i was just wondering how to turn it on so that it does it on two discs instead of rejecting the disc saying there isnt enough space on the disc. Thanks for the help much appreciated!
JJ

I didn't know Nero had a video splitter included in it.

And if it does, I would assume that it would have to be told to split the file, since by default it just tells you that you can't cram it on one disk.

is there a certain video splitter i can get?
maybe freeware for one trial and maybe ill buy it
thanks a lot
JJ

Yes, there's lots of splitters out there.
No, I don't know of many that are free. But that's just me. I already own a money-version of video editing software, so I've never looked at the freeware world.

You can achieve this by using TMPGEnc which is a free conversion program available...You can select the start point and end point and it will create the seperate files..this will of course re-encode the movie..select mpeg1 that way you know for sure you will be ready to record when you take these files into Nero saving you tons of time by Nero not having to convert the format again.

?

VCD's and SVCD's are not data files. The 700mb (an 80min cd) can hold up to 1hr 20 of mpg for a VCD and around 45 mins for a SVCD (depending on bitrate etc).

A 700MB CD will hold UP TO approx 810MB when burnt as a VCD...therefore your HUGE files are well within a 700mb CD's limit...but remember to burn as a VCD and not a DATA Disk.

(S)VCD's use MODE 2 for burning which enables the larger files to fit...which is what I guess Nero did, if it wouldn't fit it wouldn't burn! Why split a perfectly good single disk?

As stated above either use TMPG (this will tell you how many disks) or a (and anyone even attempting video work should use one) a Bitrate Calculator.

jj33189,

First thing of all you should understand that if you're trying to burn a DVD movie onto a regular CD-R, then you'll need to first convert it into VCD, SVCD, Divx, or Xvid, all of which are lossy formats.

Secondly, the freeware mentioned (TMPGEnc) -- I have used it. It's not that great. I'll tell you why. First of all, the freeware version I have doesn't allow you to work with files over 3 MB? I am not at home right now, so i can't remember the exact limitation but it's somewhere around 3 or 4 MB. There's no way your video file is gonna work w/ that freeware. The other reason is that when I uninstalled the freeware, it totally f*cked up my WMP and it now takes forever to open/play any media files.

oh ok.. thanks for all the info i didnt know about the fact that the VCD can still probably fit on the CD. So can you guys tell me any kind of converter thatll do it and also split it in two if necesary.. thanks and i dont mind paying as long as its not a hefty sum.
Thanks a lot guys
JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom