Is Nero 8 Ultra any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to know what you think of the new Nero 8 Ultra version. I liked many aspects of Nero 7, but it often crashed and caused other problems on my computer.

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Nero 8 Ultra?

Thank you,

Freddy

Not much different. I think it's a different interface, more graphical, more shiny colorful buttons, easier to use. Never did crash on me.

Not much different. I think it's a different interface, more graphical, more shiny colorful buttons, easier to use. Never did crash on me.

Peter,

Ok, thank you for your reply. I just installed it, ran the updater, and hope it will work better than version 7.

Have a great day!

Freddy

I hate Nero 8. More bloated than anything i have used before. I barely use Nero 7 as well. I ahve found all sorts of free apps that do the same job but much better on resources and install than Nero. I have only 4 apps installed for Nero. Nero Burning Rom (For use with Alcohol 120), Nero Vision, Nero Recode and Nero InCD. Other than that i leave the burning to things like

CDBurnerXP (Works on both XP and VIsta)
ImgBurn

Both are free and work just as well as Nero to do regular burning jobs.

I dont use ShowTime cause i use other Media Players. I use InCD cause that is the best method i have found to delete any RW media. Be it CD or DVD. Even if you have the contents protected InCD can format the disc. ;)

I dont use ShowTime cause i use other Media Players. I use InCD cause that is the best method i have found to delete any RW media. Be it CD or DVD. Even if you have the contents protected InCD can format the disc. ;)

nero express and rom can erase it. the feature is there.

I hate the hijacking showtime. I use express, rom, recode and nero vision

Sorry, I did not see the other posts until tonight. Well, I am still having problems with Nero 8. Most of the crashes have stopped and I am thankful about that.

But....

Nero 8 is the only media player that will play my captured Digital Movies I capture with my Hauppauge 1600. WMP will not play the digital. In fact nothing seems to work for me except Nero 8. How can I get away from it?

Is the another program that will actually play my captured digital movies in nice quality without crashing?

Still scratching my head on this one guys...

Balding Freddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom