Needing Serious Vista Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antbrawler

Beta member
Ok, i recently built myself a new computer. I am 100% sure i have assembled everything correctly because i have done this sort of thing before.

This is my first time with vista.
Ok, so i booted from the dvd and tried to install vista onto my hard drive. I have tried this many times and at a different point every time my installation will freeze. This locks up the entire system. I am doing a clean install of vista on a brand new western digital 250gb SATA hardrive.

I have installed new drivers and BIOS updates, but none of this seems to work. I have also had a few blue screens with errors that i have written down.

Last night i somehow managed to get past the installation process. I could choose my username, password, the time, background etc. But when i tried to move on from this the system would freeze up again. After re-starting the pc, it would freeze on the welcome screen.

I decided to try and re-install vista on the hard drive. And i got the same thing as before. It will always freeze at different points during the intstallation process. :confused:

My system specs:

XFX 8800GTS 320mb gpu
Intel Q6600 quad core processor
Asus p5n-e sli motherboard
2gb of corsair 800mhz RAM
Silverstone Strider 600w Modular PSU
250gb Western Digital Caviar SATA hard drive

Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Have you tried just using onboard video to isntall. Then after you get into Vista you can then install your drivers for the 8800.

Are you overclocking at all? If so go back to stock.

My motherboard does not have onboard Video.
I have not Oc'd yet either. Unfortunately i dont have another gpu u put in either. Thankyou for the reply.

Any other ideas?

Well you have the newest drivers. But have you left Vista to try and find the GFX drivers and not force the nVidia ones? Also before you updated the BIOS did you try and run the Vista install and see if it worked?

ARe you sure your BIOS Flash took correctly?

I have not updated my graphics cards drivers. The Gpu was overclocked when i bought it if that helps.
But i tried the vista install both before and after updating my BIOS.
Yep im pretty sure it updated correctly, i watched the whole process and it went without a hitch.

Again thanks for trying to help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom