need you all help urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaingsokheng

Baseband Member
dear all,
please help me!
i have some problems that i could not solve it.
the problem is that there is no network connection on my computer though i plug cable in to my network card also network port on board.the strangeness is that the light on network card is light on. and then i right click on my network place --property i found nothing in there. after that i got into devices management, in there i found nothing too. i try to add new hardware from control panel -- add new hardware when i double click on "add new hardware" nothing happen. so i go to look at services.msc, and i found that almost all services are disabled and i try to enable it but can not(used local admin to enable is the same)

NOTE: i can open regedit and gpedit.msc

anyone help me to solve it without reinstall window please!

thanks,
heng

depending on the version of windows you have go to

control panel > network connections if your network card is not listed then theres something wrong. right click on my computer and choose properties. then choose hardware tab and then choose Device manager. look to see if your Network card is listed or if theres a ! next to your card or an unknown device is listed. if there is you probably have to reinstall it. if its been there for a while try to uninstall it using the device manager then hit refresh your system should detect it again and attempt to install it. if your network card is listed in your network connection try to discconect and reconnect.

hello,
i am using window Xp sp2
there is no network card listed in control panel>network connection.
and i have already go into Device Manager and clicked refresh there is still nothing list there. and i already try to disconnect and reconnect but still not work.
please help me.
thanks for your fast reply,
heng

Network Connections will not list it as a network card. It should read as Local Area Connection.

In Device Manager, the card should show up under "Network Adapters". You might want to power down, remove the card, and then reinstall it. Let your computer find it and then go through the process.

If the network card isn't card isn't showing up in the device manager. It could be the card isn't seated properly. Power down and push down on the card. Those little low profile network adapters have a bad habit of popping out of the card slot.

i have already turn it off and on again but still the same even stitch to administrative user.
what i was completely wonder is that almost all services are disabled and i can not enable it.these problems are so hard for me to solve it, so please help me!

hello,
i am using window Xp sp2
there is no network card listed in control panel>network connection.
and i have already go into Device Manager and clicked refresh there is still nothing list there. and i already try to disconnect and reconnect but still not work.
please help me.
thanks for your fast reply,
heng

Accordign to the post right here your problem is the hardware. If you do not even see it in Device Manager then there is no way you will EVER see it in Network Connectons. Device Manager is always the first place you will see new hardware.

Did you try to install the drivers before you installed the card? HAve you tried to install the drivers since you installed the card? So you ahve the right set of drivers?

hello mak

you know when i newly install this system, it is work properly. After for a while it appears these problem and i don think it is hardware problem cos the light on the network card still active when plug the cable and i think that if i can enable the services that was disabled it may solve the problem.
any idea glade to hear!

thanks,
heng

Plugging in the cable to the card will give you that light. It will show that packets are being sent and recieved. But that doesnt mean that the card is installed and operating correctly. You can remove the card and plug in a cable and most likely get the same effect.

Check to make sure that the card is seated (inserted) fully and correctly. Make sure that when you screw down the part to the back panel of hte PC that you are not screwing it down so hard that it lifts it form teh PCI slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom