Need Urgent help with XP install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niallirl

Solid State Member
I built a p.c back in 06 and it was working great on media center 05 edition so in march of 07 i upgraded to Vista Home Premium and it was alright but i decided to go back, so i wiped my primary hard drive and then put in my X.P disc it goes ok untill it gets to setup is starting windows.

At that point it gives me a "*** STOP: 0X0000007B" error so i tried again and i got the same error again and again. Please if anymore can help me it would be much appreciated

P.C Specs

SATA Raid HDD
Intel Core 2 Duo " 6400 Processor
Creative X-fi Fatal1ty
Ati X1900XTX
2GB DDR2 RAM

Thanks for that but im still not sure what i should be doing nothing there seems to apply

So what did it say after the Stop Error? Usually there is a IRQL Not Less or Equal or some other message. 7b is a common error and need to narrow it down some.

ok so this is the full error message *** STOP: 0X0000007B ( 0XF78D2524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000 )

BSOD_2.gif

As yousee in this image the error message is located just a tad bit down from the Stop Error code numbers. It will be in all Caps. What does that say?

ok it says

"A Problem has been detected and windows had to be shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer, if this screen appears again, follow these steps.

Check for viruses on your computer. remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
*** STOP: 0X0000007B ( 0XF78D2524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000 )

and thats all that appears on the blue screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom