Need Urgent Help, Fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serverbug

Beta member
I understand alot about computers, but this has got me..

I recently purchased a Refurbished Computer for my brother, the system specs are 250mb ram, 20gb harddrive, pentium3 1ghz processor, cdrom and the usual..

I have legal copies of Windows 98se, windows xp home, windows xp pro;

they all work fine on my computer but once i pop them into my brothers they fail to boot most of the time, sometimes they boot and even if i change the boot order they still sometimes fail - when they eventually do boot i accept the T&C of windows, set my drive partitions and then it loads all the files for the GUI and Mouse support installation, after this the pc says rebooting in 15 seconds - after allowing to reboot it just keeps restarting over and over again and i dont even see no sign of windows, but if i go to install again it tells me windows is there - my pc just wont access it, even through safe mode - ive tried a boot floppy and all i get is I/O error, replace disk.

My impression of his post is that no operating system will install, and when he slaves the drive into his working pc it isn't recognized.

no, no operating systems will load - i need a fresh install on the pc, it formats the drive how i want it, it loads all the files needed for setup and then just constantly reloads without going to the setup.

If you could boot into one of the XP cd and go into recovery console and do chkdsk and see if it gives any error report

You could do chkdsk /? for specific parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom