Need to transfer e-mail, address book, and IE "favorites"

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallblock

In Runtime
What is the best way to trnasfer all my e-mail, my address book, and my IE favorites list from my old computer to the new one? I see CompUSA has a program to do this, but it runs $60 !

Any input is welcome.

name your email program

IE I don't use it, but it has an export function under the file tab

Outlook 2003 have an export feature? I believe it does. Use it. Burn it to disc then copy the exported files to the new PC then import the info. HINT>Outlook won't import from a disc, you have to copy to the HDD.

Assuming you can copy to floppy or cd (size dependent):
copy outlook.pst file to new pc, and import (under file menu) in outlook on new pc, and all existing emails and addresses will be...guess what......imported.
For favourites, copy the folder and drop into same location on new pc.

For IE, your favorites are just links in a folder in your user directory. Copy that folder to your new comp. End of story. Look around sometime...You'd be surprised what you find.

As for email, if you us Outlook, just go to Import/Export (from the File menu) and do an Export to a PST file. Then, select the folder you want to export, (like your inbox or drafts) save it, then do the same for any other folders you want. Once you have those PST files, just copy them to your new machine, and do the same process only Importing this time instead of Exporting.

Bada-bing.

Oh, and if you click on "Help" in the menu, and choose "Microsoft Office Outlook Help," this will open the manual for Outlook. This is a wonderful tool for quickly and easily finding answers to these types of questions and more.

wolf_rtfm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom