Need Tech Help Installing XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiseguyz408

Baseband Member
Hello,

I am currently running Windows 98SE and I am looking to upgrade to Windows XP Professional. I have already Purchased The Software but when i go to install it it says that alot of my software and drivers arent compatible with XP. I am having difficulty understanding this and have no idea what to do or whether to go on with the installation. They supplied me with a list of stuff that isnt compatible. I would appreciate if some one could take a look at this and advice me on what to do.

P.S. I am very computer illiterate so please if any help is given be detailed.

Thanks,
Ron

Setup found hardware or software on your computer that might not or will not work with Windows XP. You should read and understand this upgrade report before continuing.

For more information, click a topic:

Warnings
Helpful Information

Setup has detected that some hardware or programs on your computer might not function correctly after the upgrade is completed. This lack of functionality can have an effect on things you might want to do, such as connecting to the Internet, accessing e-mail, printing, scanning, and playing sounds or music. It is important that you read and understand this upgrade report before continuing. To resolve some of these issues, you can get more information at Microsoft Windows XP Professional on the Web.

Setup will automatically back up your existing version of Windows. You can restore your computer safely even if these upgrade problems remain. To uninstall Windows XP, go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Warnings (return to top)
The following issues might require you to obtain files from Microsoft Windows Update Web site or a manufacturer's Web site. You can still continue to upgrade to Windows XP without resolving these issues, but some hardware or software might not work. Follow the recommendations in each section.

Hardware Compatibility Issues
Setup has found hardware on your computer that is incompatible with (that is, it does not work with) Windows XP.

Hardware That Might Need Additional Files
The following hardware might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP. Contact your hardware vendors to obtain Windows XP compatible updates. In many cases, if a Windows XP version is not yet available, a Windows 2000 compatible update should work. It is recommended that you obtain these drivers in advance.

You can also view the Microsoft Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List on the Web.

Please note that some of the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware.

Imaging Device
Agfa ePhoto CL18 Camera Stream Driver (not currently present)

Printer
Hewlett-Packard DeskJet 930C

Sound, video and game controllers
Intel Native Acoustic Echo Canceller (not currently present)
Santa Cruz Game Device
Santa Cruz Joystick
Santa Cruz Virtual MPU-401 (not currently present)

Scanners or Digital Cameras That Might Not Work
Setup did not recognize the following scanners or digital cameras. Before upgrading, check the packaging that came with each device to see if it supports Windows XP, or contact the device manufacturer. Reinstall each device when Setup is complete, using the software that came with the device.

ePhoto CL18 TWAIN Driver

Software Compatibility Issues

Software That Does Not Support Windows XP
Setup has found programs on your computer that are incompatible with (that is, they do not work with) Windows XP. Contact your software vendors to obtain updates or Windows XP-compatible versions. If you don't update these programs before you upgrade, the programs will not work after the upgrade is completed.

Java Plug-in (in Control Panel)
Santa Cruz Control Panel (in Control Panel)
System Information (on the Start menu)

Before you upgrade to Windows XP, you should remove any incompatible programs if you can. After the upgrade, uninstall for these programs might not work. Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel can help you uninstall most programs. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then click Add/Remove Programs.

Intel Create & Share Software
To function properly, this version of Intel Create & Share Software might require upgrading. For more information, contact Intel.

MouseWare
MouseWare is incompatible with this version of Windows and must be removed before continuing.

Phone Tools
Phone Tools is incompatible with this version of Windows. For more information, contact BVRP Software.

Software That Must Be Reinstalled
The following programs need to be reinstalled after the upgrade, because they use different files and settings in Windows XP.

DirectCD 3
DirectCD 3 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows and might not run as expected. Drivers installed by this program might cause system instability, including problems with Shut Down/Restart and the inability to use a DVD drive. For more information, contact Roxio, Inc..

Easy CD Creator 4
IntelliPoint 4.x

Settings That Will Not Be Upgraded
Some of your settings will not be upgraded, because they aren't applicable in Windows XP.

Network Connection Protocol
NetBEUI
Support for the NETBEUI protocol is not available in Windows XP. For networks using NETBEUI, install TCP/IP on all machines or devices to maintain network connectivity.

Helpful Information (return to top)
The following issues are listed for your information only. You can continue the upgrade to Windows XP.

Software Compatibility Issues

Incompatible Hardware Accessories
The following programs support your computer hardware; however, they are incompatible with Windows XP. To see whether updated versions of these programs are available, visit your hardware manufacturer's Web site.

3Com Modem Manager (on the Start menu)

Other Upgrade Information

Microsoft DirectX 9.0
To maintain compatibility with your DirectX 9.0 applications, you will need to download the DirectX 9.0 update for Windows XP, Windows XP SP1 and Windows Server 2003 from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com.

You can still proceed with your installation, Windows XP will try to replace them anyway.

Do not upgrade. Save anything you need then wipe your hard disk. Then install XP.

agree with mitch. there will prolly be updated drivers on the microsoft website for downloading after you get done anyways.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom