Need someone to check these DMP files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I havent installed the windbg yet. I will tonight and analyze thiese for you.

Did you get a chance to check those? Her computer will also just freeze, especially in a game. The only thing she can do is shut it off as nothing responds.

Sorry i completely forgot. The dump with the time stamp of 9:13 is this one:

Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

MemTest86+ for this one. could also have this hotfix as a resolution since the dxgmms1.sys file is the cause of the error. Could also be faulty nVidia drivers. If the 260 series is installed, let Windows Update install the other set of drivers. WU has the 197 series drivers that they recommend over the 260 series for some reason. They havent done me wrong and when i do update to the newer drivers, WU always says that there is a driver update to the older set.

The other dump that is with the time stamp of 9:11 is this:

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Which is another RAM error. So i would most definately run MemTest86+ on the machine.

I tried running it before. It found four errors and seemed to hang. I will start it up and let it run overnight and see what it finds.

Here computer is running a 7600GS, but I will redo the drivers if Memtest comes clean (which I doubt).

An update of sorts.

It seems the old version of MemTest doesn't handle 4GB or more. I used the latest version (which is an .exe and not a bootable disk, BTW) in safe mode and got no errors. Windows Memory checker didn't find anything either.

She was still pulling blue screens when she tried to run a game, though. From what I could gather about the error codes it could be almost anything, but the thread of "graphics drivers" was running through it all. I uninstalled the current version and went with Omega drivers. I still puled another blue screen, so I turned off the fourth core of her Athlon II tricore. So far so good playing the games it crashed on as well as a few more.

So basically what your saying is that by unlocking that 4th core it was causing the instability?

You aren't using memtest86+??

It would lock up on me and not complete or even advance past the fifth test.

Mak213 said:
So basically what your saying is that by unlocking that 4th core it was causing the instability?

I think it was a combination of that and the graphics drivers. Either way it hasn't crashed since I did them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom