Need some assistance... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Default Need some assistance...

I am trying to make a bootable dvd image using Ghost v9. I was able to do this with an older version but I can't seem to figure this one out. The last Admin here didnt take the time to show me anything so I am on a trial and error basis. What I did so far was made an image to a DVD. I tried to boot from it but it didnt go thru. Our last image had these files on it:

Old Image

Ghost.exe 66kb
Ghost .ini 2kb
Ghost.env 1kb
Ghost.ino 2kb
Ghosterr.txt 4kb
T30ntfs.001 358, 945kb
T30ntfs.gho 2,097,139kb

This is the file on my new image:

c_drive 2.39gb

I seem to be missing a lot files.

At this time, I only have Norton Ghost v9. I can get any software as you all know but here at work, I got to be careful in what I use and this place is tight with money. So, this is the only software I can use. Does anyone here have an experience in this and can provide step by step instructions on how to do so? Also, I don't want to use a floppy to access the image at this time. So I need a 100% bootable DVD image of these IBM laptop hard drives. They are all IBM T30's 40gb. Our other image is outdated and I don't like how it is setup.

I know a lot of people are willing to help or think they know how to do this, but I need someone that has done this and does it on a regular basis and knows this process like the back of their hand.

I'm wasting too much time trying to figure this out. I'm leaving for Michigan tomorrow at 6 am to replace 25 T30 IBM laptop hard drives so this is why I need the info. Once I get this process, I will make several images to dvd's and do a few at a time.

Thanks...

Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

so you want to be able to boot to dvd, run ghost, and restore the ghost image to the hd?

Old 01-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris
Talking

Exactly.....
Old 01-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

im running ghost 2k3 over here and i dont know how they're different. I'd try creating cd/dvd boot floppies. 2 should be produced, one with boot files /w cdrom drivers, another with ghost files. Use nero to create a bootable dvd and use the files from the bootable floppy. Then, add the ghost files from the other floppy and the ghost image to the dvd. You prolly should check those boot files to see if any config changes are needed.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

I hope this helps buddy : Clicky Here
Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

thank ya...im lookin at it