Need Serious Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
basically what you need to do is diagnose different parts

(probably the the video adapter and hard drive)

untill you find out which one is causeing the problem...

Personally, I think the hard drive is haveing problems...

if the option is available, try useing a hard drive or video card from a friends computer and see if it will boot...

good luck

Alright, I followed the reset bios guide and that worked along with a floppy with a temporary ntldr fixit file and was able to log back into windows. All of my data and programs are still there but it seems as if my drivers have all be uninstalled. There is no sign of my sound program or my internet card. Is that supposed to happen? What do I need to do to recover them? I don't think I have any of the discs anymore :/

You might had disable it, if this was a buildin sound and NIC card you should check your BIOS to see if it's enable.

Okay I am going to sound like an idiot again, but before when I changed the BIOS settings it was a menu that popped up in my boot up screen. So how do I go about checking on BIOS regularly?

thanks for the help so far, but new lameness has occured.

It seems that I have copied the ntldr files incorrectly, and now when I boot up I get an error:invalid .ini or something like that. So is there anyway to format or change files on the hd without being booted into windows?

I don't remember if anyone mentioned it in a previous post or not but...

you have to go into the bios and make sure boot from cd-rom is set before the hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom