Need to run system recovery on dell demension 4700 HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant22185

Baseband Member
I have a cousin that needs to run a system recovery on a Dell Dimension 4700 but does not have Recovery CD's or does not remember if his computer came with one. My question is, is it possible to run a system recovery possibly on a partitioned space or is the only possibility to use the CDs. Also he has tried the Ctrl+f11 in the post and it does nothing for him.

Thanks!

I have experienced the same issue on a Dell XPS from a customer. Her laptop was loaded down with spyware and viruses and I was also trying the Ctrl+F11 but also nothing. She was fortunate enough to be able to find her recovery discs. I noticed though that all the recovery disks were was just a Windows XP Media Center installation disk. There was a drivers disc but I could have been fine without that. The recovery partition showed up in the windows installation wizard when I was deleting the windows partition so I could format the HDD. If your cousin or yourself has the OS disc then that is all you need. The Windows license key should be on a sticker on the case somewhere and that is all you need. Just don't delete the recovery partition when you are in the windows installatoin wizard.

Norm

That Dell would not have come with a Recovery Partition. It would have come with the set of Recovery Disks. That was before Dell had implemented the Recovery Partition. They didnt start doing that till close to the time Vista was released. Not even my Dimension 8400 had a Recovery Partition.

So you will have to either find the media or contact Dell for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom