Need registry file

learning

Solid State Member
Hello
I have lost registry info. because I didn't backup the registry before editing :(
If someone having vista
if you would open regedit and go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.manifest
right mouse click on .manifest and export the file to somewhere on your computer
and then upload it to this thread
so that I can import it into my registry, I will be able to fix my registry and be grateful to you.

If uploading that file to this thread cannot be done
then opening the exported registry file with notepad and copy and paste that here would do to.

this is the simplest way to fix the problem as I have done a lot of updating since messing up the .manifest registry file, which would make a system restore a lot of work.
thanks in advance.

thanks carnageX
I,m not sure how to enter that now, i thought i was

do I right mouse click on .manifest
choose new string value and enter PerceivedType as the string name
then right mouse click on PerceivedType string then click on modify
and in their enter system as the value data?

I suppose that's why i was hoping for the .manifest file so I could import it into the registry.

Also i don't know if i messed up the part of the file before where it say's "PerceivedType"="system"

here's my .manifest file now after adding "PerceivedType"="system" and opened using notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.manifest]
@="manifestfile"
"PerceivedType"="system"

Is this the same as yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:

"PerceivedType"="system"

That's the contents when I export it. To add it manually, do just like you said in your previous post. Right click .manifest > add new string > enter PerceivedType as the name and system as the value data.

Or just save the code I posted above as a .reg file, and double click it to import it.

Code:

"PerceivedType"="system"
That's the contents when I export it. To add it manually, do just like you said in your previous post. Right click .manifest > add new string > enter PerceivedType as the name and system as the value data.

Or just save the code I posted above as a .reg file, and double click it to import it.

Thanks to you I'm up and running again. :D

They changed the icon to "
reputation.gif
", but they are going to change that now to a Thanks system.

The changed icon that MindoverMaster mentioned is only on my posts
it should be on all others and not mine, some sort of problem there.

Back
Top Bottom