Need a Program - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2008, 04:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Need a Program

Hi all.

I have a wee problem. In my house, there is always trouble regarding the internet. About how much gets used and where all of our 12GB a month goes.

I was wondering if the are any programs that could work in conjunction with my modem, that can moniter internet traffic through it, and to which computers in the household are using the internet.

So, what I'm trying to say is, I would like a report at the end of each month, saying how much each computer on the network downloaded/uploaded.

If you need me to eplain anything else, just post.

Thanks fellas, Jim.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default Re: Need a Program

I personally don't know of program that do that, but your ISP should be able to give you a report at the end of each billing period.

Just ring them and enquire about it. (:

Old 05-25-2008, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hi thanks for the reply The is is thought, I would like to know which person in my family is downloading the most. I dont want to invade anyones privacy, but i would just like to know where its all going! >.<

Thanks guys
Old 05-25-2008, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

Try that one.

As to seeing who is using it, maybe think about creating different accounts on your pc.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

If that doesnt work from Soul use Google and search for Network monitoring tools. That is specifically what you are looking for.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread