Need a printer for vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttoadish

Baseband Member
I upgraded to vista in July and since then my trusty Lexmark Z816 has been having problems. From clicking print it takes on average 10 minutes to print a single page word document.
From what i can tell the spooling takes the normal amount of time but then it takes about 5 minutes for the Lexmark software to acknowledge that the spooling has finished and to start printing. The Lexmark then takes another 5 minutes to print the page - remember this is a page of writing on the lowest quality/fastest print mode. The problems go away if i use the printer on my laptop which has XP SP2.
I downloaded the vista drivers for it , no change. So then i went out and bought a new 'vista compatible' Lexmark z1420 and had all the same problems. Plus a few new ones recognising the USB
What i need is a printer that works on vista. Just saying the manufacturer have vista drivers on their website isn't enough as Lexmark has shown me.

any suggestions?

uhhh, I could suggest switching brands...if that helps ;)
i bought a canon i850 for my xp machines, and use it flawlessly on Vista...I think canon HAS drivers for Vista, and they work. Though not sure you need canon external drivers now, they may be included already.

I say the above because I downloaded canon Vista drivers when I was doing the Vista beta...and can't seem to recall if I installed drivers after Vista Ultimate or if they were already included in the Vista drivers library.

Support - Photo Printer - i850 Series - Canon USA Consumer Products

This model is a few years old, so I think you can find a more updated model to suit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom