Need a media at least half as good as musicmatch jukebox player

EricB

Chillin Techie
Musicmatch Jukebox had the best media player hand down. Thousands of people agree. The problem is they went out of business years ago and only work on Xp. I need a compatible... Comparable program for windows 8.

What kind of features are you looking for?

Off the top of my head that's not WMP or iTunes..
WinAMP
VLC
Media Player Classic
fubar2000

I use iTunes every though I don't really like it. Wmp has been a crash test junkie since windows 7. Sometimes clicking on it just start a non responding loop. I got lots of songs. I never really like Win Amp interface but maybe I'll try it for Windows 8

Vlc and MP classic never had a way to organize music that I know of. I'll look into fubar 2000. I never heard of it

Musicmatch had a host of great features, not seen in most players including my favorite Supertag and tag from file name features

Last edited:
^ If you don't mind having Google all over your music, Google Music is pretty awesome. you'll have to upload your entire library, but it works very well for what it does. 20,000 songs for free!

Honestly I've never had an issue with WMP. Been using it on Vista/Win7/Win8. I use it as my primary music player.

Used Mozilla's Songbird for a while, but that project is dead now apparently.

I'll look into songbird. Google is in too many peoples business these days.

Back
Top Bottom