need to make a bootable CD with the bios files on it. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Post need to make a bootable CD with the bios files on it.

The BIOS you were looking for is "HP Brio BA600, BAx, Vectra VEi8 (MiTAC 6110ZU/VA)" at http://wims.rainbow-software.org/nic...06110ZU_VA.zip

Could somebody tell me how to make a bootable cd with this bios file ? also I have downloaded uniflash and I have everything on my flash drive. I can't use my floppy drive right now but it is rejecting every old floppy disk I give it. and I don't have a new one I can use at the moment. also I need to flash this bios now because my mobo won't take any HDD above 33gigs, right now I have 1. 80gig old 2. new 40gig. I would appreciate any help I could get.

Old 10-17-2006, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

io.sys
msdos.sys
command.com

these are the required files to boot to dos. try burning them with the bios files and boot to it.

Old 10-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Ok I got it working now I'm using HP's HP BRIO BA600, flashable BIOS and the CD loads up fine and I tell it to flash luckily nothing got messed up but it could not find the source file which is this bios file qhw1001 the file is on the cd but the program can find it any idea of how I can fix this problrm ?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s

Send a message via MSN to office politics

can you find the file using the dir command?

maybe use attrib to remove hidden or system file attributes

or more likely the file should be placed in a specified directory. lookup the instructions for the flash file.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Yes I finally got it to boot off the cd and it flashed correctly however it said there were no updates available. so I am going to try nicks semmen bios patch that he made and see what will happen. also he's from the wims board. if I get to flash correctly with that patch and I can use both my HDD"S I'll post back the good news before 1:00am and then I'm going to sleep.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Well everything went smoothly the bios patch worked great and it took less then 8 seconds to update itself also I have full access to my 80 and gig HDD's now I'm installing winxp pro now and tomorrow I'll have go through the same bull **** to activate my copy of xp,,,,,, anyway thanks again for your help and I appreciate you all for getting to the final steps on upgrading my bios.

Closed Thread

« oh no | microkernel »