Need help , wmiprvse.exe related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixed2k

Beta member
Awtch unfortunatly for me i decided to format my pc. Well everything was going well with the windows sp2 instalation when i finally connect it to the internet.
Bang the pc freezes , by freeze i mean i can move the mouse ( for some time ) and cannot interact with anything , ctrl+alt+del doesn´t work either.
Got a little upset and restarted the pc , same problem . Then pc with modem unpluged , everything running fine . Plugged the modem , pff same problem. Anyways that was yesterday.
Today i finally realised what was causing this trouble , basicly i can only start with the modem unpluged because it doesn«t activate wmiprvse.exe and only its cousin the wauclt.exe . Removing it allows me to work "perfetly" on the pc.
Well basicly the problem it : I cannot update windows since it freezes ; if any program calls wmiprvse.exe the pc freezes : Example Steam. I'm not sure what really causes this honestly .. i did 2 fulls scans with kaspersky and AVG and none found anything.

Well basicly i'm almost positive that the problem is in wmiprvse.exe but not sure what causes it.
Q1 Is there any hotfix for this ? Or maybe if it's some known virus that the scanners didn't find ?

Q2 Is there any way i can completely prevent wmiprvse.exe from appearing ? I remember that many programs i used before "called" wmiprvse.exe for some unknown reason .

Well and that's it i guess , oh and the windows i installed is the windows XP SP2 (French)

I really need some help here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom