Need help with Windows Vista - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Need help with Windows Vista

I'd like to keep this seperate from the main Vista thread. A good number of members now have Vista 4047-Beta1. I also know we each have our own personal problems with it so maybe we can help eachother out.

EricB: He needs to configure his Gigabyte Ethernet Card and get internet access using Beta1.

Tyler: He needs to find a Yamaha AC-XG driver for Windows Server 2003 to use on Vista. He also has problems getting tranclusent graphics.

If you have a problem PM me I'll add you to the list.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Tyler, what about this:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...odItemList.jsp

Old 09-15-2005, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Not in there but I'm searching the site. Are you saying Tobshiba bought out Yamaha Sound? I knew Yamaha was bought out 4 years ago but I never knew by who.
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

What driver are you using? This one is for Vista, its beta, by Nvidia

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...ta/950852325/4
Old 09-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Warez I'm using Yamaha AC-XG sound card that is not Nvidia. Man I wish I would have bought one though.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I know, thats for your vc drivers. You said you are having problems seeing translucent right? Well this could help, never know...unles you already have it
Old 09-15-2005, 09:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I could try but I'm stuck with SIS651. Thanks for your help though.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

OK....
Old 09-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Tyler here are a few links to sound drivers. Not sure if you tried any of them but here you go...
sound driver
Generic drivers

I think the generic drivers will be your best bet. I couldnt use my Creative drivers and had to use the kX project drivers which were generic and they work fine. I will look into the other thread and see if i can find drivers for Eric ethernet card now.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread