Need Help Windows 2000 Problem?? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question Need Help Windows 2000 Problem??

I am having troble with windows 2000 Professional which I just did a clean install of. The problem is that everytime I get on the internet between 20-45 minits later everything on my computer gets real slow and it takes for ever to decide on what to close and how things ar opened. It is getting to be a real pain expecically with my internet class for college. If you have any sugestions please leave them here or write to me at frogman1174@hotmail.com I would really appreciate this.

frogman

Old 09-22-2004, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Need Help Windows 2000 Problem??

Quote:
Originally posted by frogman117
I am having troble with windows 2000 Professional which I just did a clean install of. The problem is that everytime I get on the internet between 20-45 minits later everything on my computer gets real slow and it takes for ever to decide on what to close and how things ar opened. It is getting to be a real pain expecically with my internet class for college. If you have any sugestions please leave them here or write to me at frogman1174@hotmail.com I would really appreciate this.

frogman
Since you did not leave your system specs. I am going to say you you have a ram problem. sorry no email, fix it here!

Old 09-24-2004, 03:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Sorry I did not include my system specs with my first message. I would really like to solve this problem so any suggestions would be great

1.8ghz
80 gig hardrive
128 megs ram
Old 09-24-2004, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to mre30

I would say you might need more ram,
do you run anything else in the background
Old 09-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
TMT
True Techie

If you're running online without a firewall and/or anti-virus software, then you've probably been infected by some form of trojan.

If you have a firewall and anti-virus software installed, then I'd go with the above and say you should definitely consider upgrading your RAM. If you upgrade to around 512MB from your 128MB, believe me, you won't half notice the performance gain.

TMT.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TMT
If you're running online without a firewall and/or anti-virus software, then you've probably been infected by some form of trojan.

If you have a firewall and anti-virus software installed, then I'd go with the above and say you should definitely consider upgrading your RAM. If you upgrade to around 512MB from your 128MB, believe me, you won't half notice the performance gain.

TMT.
you could have spyware, even with a firewall.more ram would be nice but you have enough. take your ram to your friendly pc repair shop and have them check it.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to wead

Download adaware SE run it, download hijackthis, run it post the logs, install kerio personal firewall or some other free firewall. Run it. Well actually you should do run them after going into safe mode with network support and disabling system restore (virri like to do that) do an online scan at trend.micro whatever or use AV software. download winpatrol and install it. www.winpatrol.com those other files you can get off this dl section.