need help on weird crash on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk52736

Beta member
ok here is the story:

story 1: i press the power button like usual and hear a beep, then after a few second, loading windows shows then crash there, just freeze and won't do nothing.

story 2: after windows loaded into the wallpaper and loading all the task just freeze up. and stay in the wallpaper page with no error message or cannot do ctrl alt del.

story 3: just freeze up when i browsing the windows or internet with no error message also cannot do ctrl alt del.

after all this happen, i try to press the restart button on the case tower, and sometimes need to repeat this restart procedure for a few time before i can get into windows, and i need someone to help me on all story up there.

do you recommend reinstall xp? or do some hardware testing?

i am using XP Pro SP2

never try, so but 5/10 need second boot into windows, if i can boot in safe mode, then what should i do next???

after get in safe mode and turn all startup apps off then what, stay in safe mode and play around or what should i do after, please give more detail.

If you can boot into safe mode without the computer locking up, 9/10 times it will be a software/windows problem, and NOT hardware.

My suggestion would be to put your windows xp cd in, reboot and let it start windows setup. If it doesn't boot from cd rom, go into your bios, make sure CD ROM is before your hard drive in the boot device priority list. Save and reboot. Once in windows setup itll have 'repair windows using the recovery console', down the bottom will be the keys you can press for the different options. You want to CONTINUE at this screen, dont repair just yet. Then itll begin to load a few things, and itll come to a screen with a disclaimer on it, Press f8, then the next screen appears, press r for repair (doing it off the top of my head might not be in correct order)

Then let windows do its thing and you'll be away laughing. This repairing of windows wont format your harddrive, itll appear just as it was before you repaired, however some programs will need to be reinstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom