Need help, wanna format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
I just dont really know how. I know you use Fdisk but I wanna format both my C and D drives. Do I delete the partitions on both of them and then create a new partition on C: to put XP back on it or what? I heard of killdisk but I dont wanna use a program, I wanna do this myself because I dont really trust a program to format my disks (call me paranoid) if anyone has a link or could explain it, but not wasting your time. I'd appreciate it

First, you can format your partitions (except the one where your OS is installed) directly from your desktop. Click MY COMPUTER, right click on your partition and select format.

You can also partition the old disk using your XP CD. Make sure your CD-ROM boots up before your HDD in your BIOS, insert CD and start computer, follow the prompts (XP CD is bootable) This will allow you to delete all partitions, repartition your drives, format your drives with fat32 or NTFS and reinstall XP.
Once evertything is installed the way you like it, You should do a ghost of your computer since this takes a few minutes to reinstall instead of going through the process of reformatting and reinstalling everything.

Thanks Zero, now to Ghost something dont I need Norton Ghost??

Nice gaming machine BTW :)

Oh yeah and I got a copy of XP that my father gave me. But I cant get in touch with him (Family Issues) is there a utility out there to "grab" the CD key on my XP copy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom