need help with vista fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emd2260

Solid State Member
hey everyone i just got done building my pc..and my friend gave me a copy of vista ultimate to put on it...and it was stuck at the last step for about 2 hours..about half way through the loading bar at the bottom and my power went out..and now when i turn my computer on it says it didnt shut down suscessfully and i can run in safe mode, from last known good information or something...or regular..
i had it going all night, and it was stuck on that windows loading screen with the sliding green bar..what do i dooo?!?!:confused:

Reinstall windows man. Dont bother trying to troubleshoot it, just wipe out the hard drive and install again. Thats gonna be your best bet.

Also, another thing to consider, some of the vista disc (like the original leaks) when copied at speeds aboe 2.4x didn't work. For me they used to get up to about 15% of extracting files and then just stop.

thanks...how do i clear out my hard drive ? :p i dont know a whole lot about computers just yet

When you boot from the disc, and it asks you where to install windows, click on advanced options, and format the C drive.

If you are unsure how to boot from the disc, you may need to go into the BIOS to change your boot order so it looks at your optical drive before your hard drive.

Usually to get into the BIOS its F2 or DEL when you are first turning on your computer. When you get into the BIOS, you will see a section called boot, and you just want to change the boot order, or priority (different mobos name them differently)

That should take care of you.

Is the comp new? custom build?

ok ill try that out, thanks for the help! and yeah i just got a barebone kit from tiger direct..

ok i tried getting into the bios, and as soon as it goes through the list, it goes right back to asking how i want to start windows...then as soon as it does it goes right back to the vista scrolling bar or whatever, and then chills :p

thanks for the link! i used all those steps,and as far as i know it went through the whole completion steps..i had to leave for a while, and when i came back its stuck on a blank screen with the cursor movable...is it done and do i have to restart it or something?

IT should have restarted and be at the log in screen now.

yeah i know it went through all the steps and everything, i left it running all night and it didnt do a single thing, tried restarting it manually and it still didnt show any signs of life..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom