need help with a U3 flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvrdan

Baseband Member
alright i bought a flash drive for school... and it has the u3 system on it. The problem is that our school computers wont let us install anything onto them so the computer wont recognize the flash drive. For some reason the only thing it will recognize is the cd-rom partition, but not the actual drive. Is there anything i can do to get them to work on our school computers without deleting the u3 application?

I have one of these also. Although I don't have the problem you are having I plan on repartitioning the drive to get rid of the U3 junk. That might resolve your issue as well.

never, ever "repartition" or format a U3 drive.
it will totally negate the reason for getting a U3 drive in the first place...

you could try convincing the admin at your school to enable the usb ports, and just explain that the U3 doesn't install/change anything on the computer/s

My reason for getting a U3 drive was portable & mobile storage, the U3 features are a nuasance IMO.

I don't think you can repartition it to get rid of u3, but theres this program called U3 Remover floating around the web that will remove it like a charm. The U3 fans will always ask "why did you buy it just to remove the u3?" but ignore it. I ended up with a U3 drive because it was on sale, not because of the u3. You can probably locate the u3 remover by googling. After you run the program the drive functions like any other removable drive.

you can reformat it but it won't solve your problem, I don't think. Do you know anyone else on campus with a thumb drive that works? Chances are they are disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom