Need help starting a Windows service

Status
Not open for further replies.

godai73

Baseband Member
I have a problem where I have a software installed which has a Windows service that needs to be started. The software has two shared folders, but I have set it so everyone has full access. When I go to services.msc, I see the service is stopped, but set to automatically start when the computer is turned on. I tried to manually start the service, but receive the error message,

' <name of software> service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alert Services'.

I tried to Google part of the error message, but the solutions that were suggested did not fix the problem. I scanned the computer of spyware and anti-virus and it came up clean. When I install the software on another computer, the service starts up fine. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

for one you could tell us what is the name of the software you installed, would make it easier to figure out the problem. And what operating system.

And i beleive even if a windows service is not being in use, it will not stop. Ive never heard of windows services stopping by themselves if not in use....but then again...what do i know.

-did you try and re-install it?

right click my computer go to manage click on services and apps then click on services. find the service you want to start right click it and click start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom