Need help on PC Crashing problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayadooen

Beta member
Hi all,

I need some advice, insight, suggestions to this problem that I'm having with my PC (XP Pro).

Maybe someone has encountered this...

Each time I start ANY video player (RealPlayer, DivXPlayer, Windows Media Player, BSPlayer, GlobalDivXPlayer, Quicktime, WinDVD, etc.), it ALWAYS CRASHES!??!!

Is there something I'm missing? A driver corrupted?

Please help!!!

Much appreciated...

Sincerely,

Ko

Does it crash instantly or after its been playing for a bit? Also is it video files that crash it or music also? If its just one of these it may be a configuration problem with that card. Have you looked in your hardware manager?

Hi sPlAtOiD,

Thanks for your assistance...

This problem only happens when I play video, not audio. The mp3's play in windows media player... no problem... however, if i play a avi file, windows media player starts, and then gone... at times, I would see the [Send report] to microsoft error message, but most times, I just see my application start, and then no video, and immediately reboot.

I checked the Device Manager of Hardware as you suggested, and nothing seems outta place... all hardware is detected properly.

I'm thinking on trying to properly delete the Media portion of windows, and then reinstall it... but not sure if that's a drastic move...

What do you think?

Please post.

Thanks

Ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom