Need help with a password reset.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
The system is Vista. I know rite. But I cant get past the Log In page of the main screen and I have no idea what the password is and my sister cant remember it.

Can anyone help.

I have a Boot CD for a Password Reset that carnage gave me but I have no idea how to use it and its too complex. Is their a simple way to get around this.

Carnage I'm seriously struggling to use this program. I cant make heads or tails of it.

EDIT: Carnage I have just been looking threw the program and I have noticed the tutorial is saying to remove a blank password. I'm wanting to remove a actual password on the computer and not do a reset of a blank password. I have the Admin Account and my sister but I cant remove it using the boot CD ia have. I am selecting the correct partition and selecting edit users.

I have tried to remove from group and various option such as deleting groups.

Last edited:
Carnage I'm seriously struggling to use this program. I cant make heads or tails of it.

EDIT: Carnage I have just been looking threw the program and I have noticed the tutorial is saying to remove a blank password. I'm wanting to remove a actual password on the computer and not do a reset of a blank password. I have the Admin Account and my sister but I cant remove it using the boot CD ia have. I am selecting the correct partition and selecting edit users.

I have tried to remove from group and various option such as deleting groups.

That's not what that means. "Clear (blank) password" means that it will clear out whatever password is stored, which is the recommended way of doing it.

I think you're making it more complicated than it is :p.

Don't mess with groups. Just choose the "clear (blank) password" option and continue through the rest of the steps to save it back to the system.

That's not what that means. "Clear (blank) password" means that it will clear out whatever password is stored, which is the recommended way of doing it.

I think you're making it more complicated than it is :p.

Don't mess with groups. Just choose the "clear (blank) password" option and continue through the rest of the steps to save it back to the system.

Well it does help if you save your work after removing the blank password.

GOD MAN

Back
Top Bottom