Need help with my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

XP16

Beta member
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm not very good with computer so if my question comes off silly please dont laugh. Anyway, I have a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop, its been running very slow lately and has some viruses I want to do the recovery and get it back to its original form...just like how it was when I first got it. Can someone please tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Most important backup all your personal data that is important to you because everything will be lost when you restore. Did HP provide you with recovery CD's? You should be able to stick one in and boot off it and pretty much follow the on screen instructions. Have you tried it? Give it a shot and if you get stuck just post back here again.

Dell would have provided you with a restore/recovery disc. If not, there may be the software on the computer to make one.

I got this laptop from someone and none of the discs that came with it say recovery or anything. There are these two discs, one is a Operating System reinstallation CD and the other one is a Drivers, Utilities and Applications reinstallation cd, I was wondering if those are the recovery discs for Dell. Never own a Dell computer before so I dont know.

Like they said, use the cd's that came with it, I am currently using the dell inspiron 1000. It should have syst. Restore cd's.

TheSiege, take down your sig. You are feeding us someone else's IP and info. Not good.

It should have a restore CD, if not, you can look on the computer for a utility that will make one for you, and if THAT doesn't work, you can always try calling Dell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom