Not open for further replies.

anshu

Solid State Member
I always watch my movies on media player.it gives a good image

in normal mode.But when i switch to full sreen mode, the image

becomes very blurred.so is there any way to avoid it?Or is there

any other software which gives a good quality video at full

screen?

Well if the video is for certian dimensions you cannot expand that beyond what it is ment without getting degrading quaility. It's like editing images where if you enlarge them you can see all the pixels and they are grainy.

You need a higher resolution movies. DVD's are around 640 x 480 (wide screen is over 640) and your monitor's resolution is most likely twice that. So Media player must fill all the empty space with the same color.

also, perhaps you dont have a video card and have a chipset. Most computers have video chips instead of cards, it costs so much less..

Its more or lees the fact that the Video files are nto that good of quality. Like was stated you monitor has a higher resolution than a tv and to view some things on it full screen will get distorted. I have got a nVidia 6800 (256MB) video card and for me to view some things full screen, things get distorted. So 2 options...
1.) Lower your resolution so everything looks bigger.
2.)Live with the distortion.

yup, but if you have a DVD disc playing, it will most likely not get distorted until a very big res (i didn't notice anything at 1280x800).. however, if a highly compressed video (such as one ripped from DVD and end result at 600mb), you get distorted video at full screen..

I have noticed some distortion from a DVD at 1600x1200 Res but not much. But Anything that is Ripped from DVD or VCD orSVCD will result is distortion at full screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom