Need Help Installing XP and start clean

Status
Not open for further replies.

gas_bag

Beta member
I want to delete everything on my old drives and install a clean xp. I know that you must do something with the drives when installing to clear them, but I have 2 hard drives. a 15GB and an 80GB. what do i need to do to wipe out everthing and start clean?

First off, start from CD.. and when you get to the point of reinstalling, it will show you your partitions. From there, you need to just go ahead and push whatever it is for delete partitions, and reinstall. MAKE SURE YOU FORMAT IN NTFS THOUGH...

I also use the NTFS file system for the reliability factor, Apokalipse curious about the Fat32 in regards to networking, Does the NTFS system cause grief???:confused:

when xp setup got to the partitions screen ... i found that i could not delete the old os on my partition "due to setup files being stored" what can i do to format?

you could put a windows 98 startup disk and do format from a: then put in your win xp disk and go through the steps.

when xp setup got to the partitions screen ... i found that i could not delete the old os on my partition "due to setup files being stored" what can i do to format?

Did you try to start from CD, or start it from inside windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom