Need help, I have a big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

captbruubaker

Beta member
Hey guys,

Alright, i am not the most computer literate guy around but i will try to describe my problem. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that is giving me some toruble. Recently, when i go to play a video game, the computer turns completely off. It starts working hard then boom gone. I know its not just the game because it does it to all of my games. I also have this problem when trying to use some utilities like Disk cleanup. When it starts working really hard it just turns itself right off. please HELP ME!!!!!

Bob

Did you make sure you aren't setting it on a surface that doesn't allow heat to escape. Those applications stress the machine and if it gets to o hot that could be the reason it is shutting down.

or you could have a virus/spyware that run in the background as processes and use your CPU, causing heat... laptops are not that good with cooling, so upallnighter has a good point.

re

Well i just reformatted the entire system last night so that i could start fresh. I hoped this would solve my problem but it didnt. I dont think that the heat is a real issue since i have had it happen while it was in my lap perfectly ventalated. I will play with that a bit but i dont think that is the problem. Thanks for the input.

Check with Toshiba. Some models of Satelite may have bad memory modules. Toshiba can tell you if yours may be one of them.

You have until April 30, then you are SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom