need help on hidden files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont ever remember Windows forcing the changes if only Okay is clicked. Then again, I always click apply first out of habit. If it is a virus then we can try to eliminate it. Get hiJack This and post a log.

It's always done that. OK is Apply + Close, basically. Apply is just to apply the settings. It's just recommended to do Apply and then OK, so that the settings are sure to be saved. Cancel reverts your changes and closes the dialog.

My Local Disk C was infected, so autorun.inf always opens a worm. If you manage to delete it, it will come back. Here is the link how to remove it.
How to Remove Autorun.inf virus Completly from System & Flash Drives using CMD | INFORIDS
I managed to delete a worm and autorun.inf, but it keeps coming back. My only option was to reinstall new OS, so I did it, and finally got rid of it.
Oh, by the way, in Task Manager those applications are often some nonsense letters, such as "jpfhsag.exe" or "wnshgf.exe" . Whenever you delete worm it creates a new one, so it doesn't really matter how is it called.

Wait a minute WHICH properties EXACTLY did you give the folder. I fear it may be that he has given the folder attrib +s +h which makes the folder a system folder and therefore hidden. To fix this simply go to folder and search options and untick hide system files (recommended) this will bring up a prompt just press okay and if your folder shows up then your good :) Hope I helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom