need help on hidden files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintzkie009

Beta member
i'm using win7 ulti and i can't view my hidden files even if i set show hidden files on the folder option. it turns back to hidden after i unhide it. please i need your help here. thanks.

If you see the files when the show all hidden files but disappears again when you disable that option, you have to turn the option back on. On the files/folders you want showing at all times you have to right click on them and select properties. There uncheck the box for hidden. Then you can disable hidden files again. The properties is set to hide those files so they will always be hidden if the option to hide files is active.

yes i am in admin....

here is the scenario: i hide one of my folder (so that i can't be viewed by other user). after that i want to see my folder again, so i decide to unhide it. i go to folder option and checked show all hidden files, but when i click ok, my hidden files did not appear, and when i came back to folder option it back to hide files. this scenario goes repeatedly and i can't view my hidden files anymore. is this a virus, bug or something? i worrying about this.

MindoverMaster:1976393 said:
I thought clicking OK, does Apply it, then closes the window.

Clicking okay should exit you from the window and revert your settings back to what they were. Clicking apply sets the settings and enforces them after you click okay.

That is how it is supposed to work.

Clicking okay should exit you from the window and revert your settings back to what they were. Clicking apply sets the settings and enforces them after you click okay.

That is how it is supposed to work.

Actually, if he made any changes and clicked "Okay", it will do same thing as "Apply" , only "Apply" button will not exit the window. But however, this is not the topic of this thread.

If you checked to view hidden files, and it always goes back after a while, not allowing you to view them, it could be a worm/virus. I experienced it lately, worm got on my PC, it was hidden file so it never allowed me to switch to view hidden files. Open your Task Manager and check if some unknown applications are being used. If there are, that is probabbly virus, and I am afraid you will have a lot of difficulties dealing with it. Good Luck.

I dont ever remember Windows forcing the changes if only Okay is clicked. Then again, I always click apply first out of habit. If it is a virus then we can try to eliminate it. Get hiJack This and post a log.

thanks for the responses. sir flowixx i think has gotten a same prob as mine. even though i apply then ok it turns back to past setting (which is do not show hidden files). so applying and clicking ok doesn't work either.

btw, what specific application in task manager should i close? i not familiar with names of worms and viruses so it may help if you can mentioned some. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom