Need help fast. os/2 warp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
ok everytime i boot up my computer instead of my boot up screen i get this blue screen with the ibm os2 warp thingy. i never installed something like that before. i was wondering if that was a virus of some sort. i do not have the boot screen part where it says windows xp professional edition and then there is the little blue bar that goes across the bottom. i need help with this fast. the only reason that this is annoying me is that i am not able to change my bootscreen to something else

HAHA OS2 Warp

Sorry i no noting about it .. just thought it ws funny you were using it.

noooooooooo.....its terrible os2 warp is of the devil. i did a little research and its not a virus but its some old ibm os but i never installed that on my comp. and does anyone know a way do delete it?

How old is this computer? If it was old enough to have OS/2 on it, I can't imagine it being able to even run XP?

Did you do a dual boot and load OS/2 for fun?

no, no thats the whole problem. i built my computer last year and its the one in my sig. i just installed windows xp professional on it and no other os.

Well that is just straight up weird!

I never heard of that happening before. Probably some funky virus or practical joke. I mean, how else would OS/2 get on your system? I doubt it's even installed, maybe just a virus that prevents Windows from booting and puts up an OS/2 splash screen. Can you boot off a boot disc and see if your directories are still there?

you might have to do a new install of windows. Have you tried running a virus scan. If it is some sort of spyware harper has one he11 of a tutorial to wipe it out.

no my computer works fine. in fact i'm using it right now as i type this. i can play games and everything is normal. except i want to change my boot up page to something else. before it just said windows xp with the little blue bar. and now it just says ibm os/2 warp. and it stays there for a short time then it continues to boot.

yea the thing is that i have tried to change the bootscreen and it just wont work. i didnt use the directions from tweak xp but i used style xp to change it and it wouldnt work. :(
thanks for all of your guys help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom