Need help fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Optimized
Ok, first of all, I have Windows XP Pro SP2 32-bit. I have no idea how this happened, my computer was working fine when I shut it down, and when I turned it back on, I get this error whenever I try to start a program:
error4xn.jpg

When the error comes up, I press ok, and then the exact same error comes up again, and when I press ok for the second time, explorer shuts down and restarts by itself. Then the program I clicked on opens. Please help me, it's driving me crazy! I have no virus' or spyware. Please help me asap.

Right click on My Computer --> Properties -- Brings you this box

Click on Error Reporting

After selecting Disable error reporting and uncheck the notification about critical errors. You're done with this part of things!

The next thing we'll do is make sure that the error reporting service is completely turned off and won't start itself back up.

Click Start --> Run --> Enter services.msc

You'll want to find error reporting service on the list and then right click on it and select properties.

Change the startup type to disabled if it isn't already.

Reboot and see if it pops up again

Ok I think something is seriously f*cked up. I was able to disable error reporting in my computer, but when I try to run services.msc, I get a new error:
error25ut.jpg

Please help me :( I have no idea what is wrong or what could have happened.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
3. Under System Variables double-click the PATH environment variable.
4. Type:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM
Note If other system variables appear, do not remove them.
5. Click OK, and then click OK.

Hmm, for some reason I rebooted the computer and these problems are gone. If it ever happens again I will try that. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom