Need Help - Deleting obnoxious d-load attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bickster

Beta member
My daughter clicked on a Pop-up and now our computer is assailed every 4 hours with a barrage of dialog boxes asking if we will accept a download from www.teknosurf.com as well as some from IBIS,LLC.

I have performed a file search on my hard drive for these files but cannot find them - can someone teach me how to get rid of these things?!!??

Thanks,

Bickster

Run a spyware search program like Spybot Search and Destroy or Adaware on your computer.

Hey! Thaks for the advise - I forgot to mention I am running Home XP on this home comp.

I will look around for Spybot search & Destroy or Adaware. I will also tell my kids not to touch those lousy pop-ups!!

Bickster

correction, run both...and then look out there for more...better safe than sorry!!!

better suggestion,
delete all ur IE shortcuts, get netscape 1.7

it has a built in popup stopper and it looks pretty nice AND it has great features. ;)

Well, I must bow down and agree with "spfd" that Navagator comes with a great pop-stopper...
But reading that his problems already came from CACHE within the PC ...... Navagator doesn't stop that my friend......
The above (other than SPFD's Examples) are VERY GOOD EXAMPLES!

---GEEZ, you would think that I am running a "SPFD for idiocy campaign".....but, alas, it's just a coincidence.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom