Need help in crucifying Adobe Updater

Status
Not open for further replies.

earwicker7

In Runtime
I followed Adobe's official instructions on disabling Adobe Updater and it does not get rid of it. Every time I boot up, there's good ol' Adobe hanging out in the tray on the bottom right hand corner of Windows 7.

I want this program dead. I really don't appreciate Adobe hijacking my system just because my daughter wants to be able to have functionality on websites. I looked for it in services and don't see it. Should I just delete the **** program, or will that affect the functions of all the Adobe stuff (I do use reader every once in a while).

What guide did you follow? When the box comes up, there should be a check box or something that says "do not notify me". Something to that.

Alternatively, you can uninstall Adobe Reader (33.5 MB), download and install Foxit PDF Reader(3.5MB) from HERE.
It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.
Note: When installing FoxitReader, make sure to UN-check any pre-checked toolbar, or other garbage.
On this page:

FoxitReaderInstallation.png

make sure, you have both boxes UN-checked AND (important!) click on Decline button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom