Need help on the admin account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Eats BK

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

So I my computer hit a major Trojan and i sent to a computer repair shop. The guy told me he had to re-install windows because it was really bad. Now when i look at my computer and start playing with around, I see that he put my user as a standard user. Now i cant install, remove or basically do anything. I've tried everything i can to try to create my account into an admin. I went into safe mode but i don't know why mt computer randomly turns off; i tried activating the admin account by cmd but is says access is denied. Is there any other way you guys can think of?

Basically what I'm trying to do is get access of the admin account so i can turn my account into an admin.

Thanks ;)

Hey guys,

So I my computer hit a major Trojan and i sent to a computer repair shop. The guy told me he had to re-install windows because it was really bad. Now when i look at my computer and start playing with around, I see that he put my user as a standard user. Now i cant install, remove or basically do anything. I've tried everything i can to try to create my account into an admin. I went into safe mode but i don't know why mt computer randomly turns off; i tried activating the admin account by cmd but is says access is denied. Is there any other way you guys can think of?

Basically what I'm trying to do is get access of the admin account so i can turn my account into an admin.

Thanks ;)

Its your computer, you need to do a reinstall of xp yourself and make sure you are admin.

You should just be able to boot into Safe mode and then there should be an Administrator account created by default when Installing windows. If the person who fixed your computer didnt specific a password for that Administrator account, you should just be able to click on it and log into the account when in safe mode and then go into the User Accounts and make yourself an admin. If the person created the password for the Administrator account, call him and ask him what he created the password.

Which version of Windows? They all have very different access to the Admin accounts. Windows Vista and Windows 7 will not show the Admin account, even via Safe Mode unless you unhide it. Only Windows XP does that, which is why they hide it and made the user accounts more restricted so that infections wouldnt have free reign within the OS making them more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom