Need help adjusting aperture size in Sony Vaio bios...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdoKoi

In Runtime
hey guys,

for some reason in a Sony Vaio PCV-RX755 desktop, i can't seem to change the aperture size in bios from 64mb to 128mb.

it's using a G4Ti4200 128mb card and the bios doesn't offer the option to up it.

I can adjust it easily w/ my comp..w/ the Asus A8V deluxe mobo...and 9800pro, no problem...but just can't seem to do it w/ that 3yr old Sony/Asus mobo...

i'm using CPU-Z to check on it...

could it be cause the old mobo can't support more than 64mb for the aperture?

thx.

It may be that it cannot support it, or it may be the fact that it is a Sony Vaio. If the bios dosent offer the optino to do it, it's prolly because Sony did not want you upgrading that thing. Try to find a bios flash for it, that may or may not work, depending on whether or not you find one.

It's a prebuilt machine, you are going to have a hella difficult time upgrading it.

ugh..yah, that's what i thought..

damn Sony's too good for their own good...i guess.

can't seem to find any info for that bios through google..

i do remember them saying it has a 64mb MAX....which i thought was just pertaining to the integrated graphics chip memory..

it runs great w/ that g4Ti4200 in it,,, just that option to up the Aperture size is the only "problem"

do u think having the aperture set to 64mb will decrease the performance of a 128mb card?

that card's not running at only 64mb because of that is it?

thx again.

If 64 is it's max and you throw a 128 in there, it is only going to work like a 64mb card.

hmmm.....yrs ago, i remember asking them if i could put one in..and they said, "Sure, no problem"...so i did.....

from what i gathered...they mean't the 64mb Max was related to the Integrated graphics...being able to run at 64mb...

but if i were to get a 128 or above seperate VGA card, then it'd be fine...but it makes sense, now that u put it like that..

hmmm.... guess i could call Sony and see if they've got a bios update that can fix that...

thx again Him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom