Need help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
Well, I started up my computer with the windows xp cd in the drive, I got it to load up earlier but had to exit because I had to stop. Well, I tried again later with the cd in drive still and pressed f1 to continue and load up windows. It took me to a screen where at the top it says PCI device listening.....has bus no. and device no. and has a list. On the very bottom it says verifying DMI Pool Data.......update success. And it just sits there frozen. I waited for awhile, and then restarted it, this time it went directly to that screen. Now everytime I restart or turn it off and turn it back on it still goes to that screen. Any idea of how I can solve this and just get this windows xp cd to load?

If it were me id go first to the Bios and reset it to default and then try again.If that dosnt work see if you can find the jumper to reset the bios .

i believe if the CD drive is set higher in the boot order then you HD in BIOS settings. then the XP cd will reload from the begining... you have to press 'any key' though to boot from cd, when prompted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom