Need HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanoni

Solid State Member
I'm trying to fix a friends computer, since it was amazingly slow. Norton Antivirus seemed to be interfering and making the computer freeze up all the time, so we decided to uninstall it. However, we have lost the CD, and after trying to uninstall it manually I ran into 2 problems. #1 Norton won't uninstall #2 It's not working at all (can't scan)...
I would appreciate any help..........thanxxxxx

You must have run into a problem uninstalling it, then. You can just delete the program's folder itself and then remove the program group and registry entries, although I would avoid the latter if you don't know what you're doing (I wouldn't know how!).

If you run into problmes like that and the comp is already chunked full of crap and running like a ton of bricks going up a hill then i find it nice just to rebuild from scratch.

u cn just reformat, and reinstall windows, hehe. best way to do that is take out his hds, and format them in an other pc, then put them back, and reinstall. If u dont want to do that, ddownload spybot search and destroy, adaware, and avg antivirus from grisoft (GET ALL OF THEM) and runt hem all. that should help the pc out a bit

Try using other anti virus, and if you still have problems and what to speed it up..? Fresh Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom