In need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav223

Banned
Hi i've got a few problems with my computer at present but i'll post them one by one and hopefully someone will help me.
I'm not that clued up about all the names so i'll just describe whats happening.
When you are on a particular website and you click on something another window normally appears with the info inside. When I do it i'm just getting an empty box with microsoft internet explorer in the heading. I don't know how this happened but could someone tell me how to rectify this problem.
Cheers.

Do you have any kind of firewall or some sort of Internet security program. I use McAfee Guardian and what this does it it blocks pop ups, blocks ads, blocks web bugs, and it filters cookies. Some websites I visit like hotmail.com for instance, some pages don't display properly and I have to disable my web bug killer so that they are displayed properly. I was thinking maybe this could be your problem. Maybe not, I'm not too keen with Internet issues.

The only security i've got is adaware and avg. I run these every day to wipe off some viruses.
Is there anything you can suggest that I try.

I run ad-aware and avg too, so I know that's not the problem. Ummmm.... the window that appears blank, is it some sort of pop up or is it a brand new browser window?

it's a brand new browser window.
Just to come off the subjuct quickly, i've just tried to download something and the following message appears.

unhandled exception

error number: 0x80070725
Description: incompatible version of the rpc stub
setup will now terminate

can you help me to sort this problem out aswell.

Ok, so it is a new browser window. If you can hit "refresh" would that work? If that doesn't work, you could try to download another browser like Fire Fox or Netscape. Try one of those browsers out and see if you have problems then. If you have no problems with another browser than we will know that the problem lies with IE.

About your other question, I'm not too sure what to do about that, sorry.:( I'm sure there is someone esle that has a better understanding of your problem and will supply you with some help.

I have downloaded another browser called mozilla and those boxes do open fine. I just wanted to get it sorted out. can I reinstall ie.

The only way I know how to reinstall IE is to reinstall your OS. I am sure there is probably another way to reinstall but I don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom