Need advice on DVD burning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Steel

Baseband Member
Hello all- I've searched all over the net, and can't find a cure or even a good suggestion for my issue with Nero Burning Rom Ultra 6. I've been using the program pretty happily for a while, and suddenly, I can no longer create a video dvd. The error seems to come during the transcoding process, and I've included what appears to be the relevant error section of the log file here:

#####

[19:10:55] DVDEngine ERROR
[19:10:55] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[19:10:55] DVDEngine source: DEGuardNMCConversion
[19:10:55] DVDEngine description: SEH EXCEPTION caught during INeroMediaConverter::DoConversion().
[19:10:55] DVDEngine

######

Can anyone suggest what could have gone wrong? Is it some windows XP update, or a bad codec? I've tried uninstall/reinstall, but get the same error.

Thank you!

I don't bother burning video DVD's I create Data discs and play them back on my OPPO DVD player it'll read everything that isn't an RM or WMV file.

they have a phillips dvd player at walmart for 40 bucks that does the same thing.

what changes did you make to the system before the encoder went bad?

The only real changes were Windows Updates- I hadn't added and new software. I DID re-install my Anti-Virus and firewall stuff, but I can't think why that would affect burning engines or transcoding engines.

FYI- I re-installed my a bunch of codecs in case that played a role, and still nothing has improved. I moved a few .avi's over a network to another PC, and though it uses a different burning program, I was able to burn the movies without error or issue, so the problem wasn't corrupted video files.

Any other thoughts? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom