need 4 speed

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
my old desktop (windows vista) has gotten quite slow, and i am faced with 2 choices. 1) the easy way, is to take it to a computer repair guy, and spend $100-150.00 to have him give it a "tune up". or, try to do something with it myself. there was a time, that i would never even think about trying anything like trying to repair my own computer. but over the years, i am getting more comfortable with them, and to be honest, i hate being a dummy about these things. i know by now, i should know, but i do not, how to access the start menu, and how to remove programs from there, so the computer is not turning on 80+ programs every time it starts. i really don't know how many it is starting every time the computer starts, but it takes more than 2 minutes (closer to 3) from the time i push the "on" button, until i can actually open anything. i am sure there will be many programs that i will have no idea what they are. so my initial plan would be to leave those alone, and only go after the ones i do know, and seldom use. i would really like to be able to take classes for this kind of thing. but i have asked several people in different positions locally, and they all tell me the same thing. there have been so many budget cuts, ALL adult education classes have been terminated. so, any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks,

Well you can list the specs and then take a screenshot of your add/remove programs list. We can tell you what to remove and what not to start off with.

Back
Top Bottom