NDIS.VXD and NTKERN.VXD -- Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner4379

Solid State Member
I have had many problems with my Dell Latitude XPi CD Notebook in trying to get the NIC card to work in the docking station.

After searching some Dell forums, I was able to find out that the NIC in the docking station is 3com's 3c905b. I have installed the appropriate driver's for this NIC that I obtained from 3com's site.

The NIC card is shown in the Device Manager with a Yellow exclamation point. When I view the properties, it gives me a "Code 2" which basically states that the NDIS.VXD and NTKERN.VXD device loaders are unable to load the device driver for this device.

It tells me to update the driver for this NIC to fix the problem, but that doesn't fix the problem. I have done several searches on Google.com and Microsoft.com, and while I have found some information regarding these files, I cannot seem to find any information specific to this exact issue.

I've basically been able to discover that these files are junk and cause problems for many OS's as well as various hardware conflicts. Unfortunately, I have not found anything instructing me on how to correct this issue. The few things I did find I have tried, and it has not corrected the issue.

Does anyone have any information regarding this problem and how I might be able to fix it, or am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Thank you all for your help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom