Nav2002 running on WXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulger07

Solid State Member
I have a laptop that I'm trying to get the NAV running on. The PC is running WXP Pro. I have a fresh install of NAV2002, but it will not run. The program opens for about 4-5 seconds then closes. I have uninstalled & reinstalled a total of 3 times and still get the same thing. The program will run in safe mode but not normal. Any tips, tricks, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

The NAV2002 was the only version previously installed. I removed all that I could find using both the add/remove and then editing the registry. I did this a total of 3 times. I finally put on NAV2003, which will run in the background but will not stay open when we try to access the program.Live update is working in the background.
I didn't get the walk thru when I tried the link.
The original installation had never been updated, and I found the welchia worm and got rid of it, could this be part of the problem?I reinstalled after getting rid of the worm.

Hmmm,,, sounds like you better check your rights and permissions on the laptop too,, in XP if you are not in the administrators group you will have a lot of difficulty and weird behaviours from software that you attempt to install,,

as MB said,, if you run the install over and over again,, the cleaning process also includes the registry,, which if you dont have the experience to clean,, could turn into a rebuild,, so back up all your files one way or the other,,

I would say check your permissions,,

cheers,

Unfortunately I don't have the laptop here anymore, but I was logged in as administrator when I did the installs. We have another machine that is running W2000 Pro that had welchia also and it is doing the same thing after removing the virus. This machine also has a fresh install of NAV after virus removal.That's why I thought maybe had something to with the virus, we used the fix from Symantec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom