NAV and Windows 2003 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to A_Zip1
Default NAV and Windows 2003

Yeah i have windows 2003 server: enterprise edition, and i know that Norton Antivirus 2003 doesnt werk with it, but i was wondering would NAV 2004 work with it? or do i have to buy the NAV corporate edition??... yeah just wondering but one thing i do want to do is stick with NAV becuase it has bin reliable through the years... so yeah any information on this would be apreciated.

Old 12-19-2003, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

As far as Symantec products go, Windows 2003 Server falls under the same guidelines as Windows NT 4.0 Server and Windows 2000 Server.
Norton 2003 and Norton 2004 (Standard and Professional editions) are not supported for any of these products. You have to step up to NAV (SAV) Corporate Edition or Enterprise Edition.

-Mike

Old 12-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to A_Zip1

ohh yeh, i just whent out and bought NAV 2004 thinken it will work, and when i loaded it, it was sayen sumthen about it being a server so ur right thier, but what version of nav do i need, thiers like so many different corporate edition like V 88.4422. bla bla bla sumthen like that but yeah can u tell me exactly which one i need 2 get, or can i use any corporate/enterprise edition one?
Old 12-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

You should be able to use any corporate edition. Prior to 2001, i believe the old name for corporate edition was (appropriately named) NAV Server 2000. LOL.
Now they switched the name to "Corporate edition" and "Enterprise Edition". Just buy the 1-5 licence Corporate Edition for 2004. The lowest scale corporate edition out there.

-Mike
Closed Thread