NAS missing since Win10 updates

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
I am seriously over Windows 10 breaking everything. First it destroyed my Homegroup (still works fine between the Win7 machines but my Win10 is SOL), and now I cannot access my NAS since the last batch of updates.

I am running Win10 Enterprise 1709 build 16299.125. My NAS is a Seagate PersonalCloud 4TB. I had not accessed it for about a week, during which my Win10 had two batches of updates. Today I go to access it and get:

"Network Error
Windows cannot access \\PERSONALCLOUD

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve problems, click Diagnose. [Diagnose finds no problem BTW]

Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found."

This is the same message I get when trying to access any of the Win7 machines on my network as well.

I have rebooted everything. I have disabled the firewall as recommended by a Technet post. I have tried using a local account as recommended by another Technet post.

Ideas?

Make sure the network type is set and discovery wasn't turned off. They have been fiddling with this **** in the background and it's a bit annoying.

Ask, if you have a specific problem, rather than telling only, that nothing is not working, help.
So, if you have a problem, ask and you'll get help, if there is no problem, anyone can not help You.

Last edited:
Make sure the network type is set and discovery wasn't turned off. They have been fiddling with this **** in the background and it's a bit annoying.

Currently set as private and discovery is still turned on.

Ask, if you have a specific problem, rather than telling only, that nothing is not working, help.
So, if you have a problem, ask and you'll get help, if there is no problem, anyone can not help You.

Mmmm... OK?

It can access it when set as public. Now I just have to figure out what the heck I set the username and password for the damn thing.

I frigging give up.

Back
Top Bottom